Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Counterfeit Flat Irons Online- Buyer Beware!

 I got taken ie. ripped off by buying a counterfeit HairArt iTech Ti PRO 450 professional flat iron from a no name website! :(

 I am always looking for a deal (Check out Steals and Deals page for great deal on a Babyliss Flat Iron) and when I found the flat iron for $91(normally runs about $130) I was ecstatic. 
Well, you do sometimes get what you pay for
and sometimes if it seems to good to be true it is.  The darn flat iron snagged my hair left and right. The "titanium" flaked off after only five uses. Everywhere it flaked it snagged and broke my hair. I burned my fingers on the outside of the iron because of the cheap construction. I got ripped off but I learned my lesson. 

When buying somethings, you have to buy from a reputable retailer such as Folica. You won't get a fake curling iron, blow dryer, or flat iron from Ulta. 

There are many fakes on eBay and Amazon because individual sellers provide the inventory. I also went to purchase on Sears.com, but what I found is that they also allow individual businesses to provide inventory and Sears online has become a middle man type of website. When you purchase from them be sure their supplier is a reputable company and not a fly by night no name website. 

I will not put the name of the website I purchased from but, if it is not a well known beauty supplier like Sally's, Folica, or Ulta, or a well established chain store like Walmart, or Target, or a department store,  I would hesitate to purchase my beauty tools from them. We put out good money for these items and we expect to receive what we purchased. You can't glue back your broken hair stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think....