Friday, March 21, 2014

Can You Live Without Your Cell Phone?

In 2004 I bought my first cellphone. Not because I was a teenager with my first job, but because I was a 28 year old expecting my first child. My husband and father did not want me to be caught in an emergency without a way to communicate.

 The funny thing is that my phone was a flip phone with no smart technology at all! I kept that phone for seven years before it jumped out of my hands one fateful day and decided it had served its useful life. My phone sacrificed its life in order to make me upgrade.


 Fast forward to 2011. I bought an iPhone and all of a sudden I was one of them! You know those people who have their fingers and face glued to their phone.
 Yes, I could live without it, but I would need to develop much better organizational skills before I parted with it. I shop, bank, search, take notes, read my bible at church, leave memos, take pictures and videos, make and receive calls and messages, check my email and set my morning alarm with my cellphone. I would need so many things in order to replace it

Could you live without your celly? What does it mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think....